2. Skipping breakfast may seem like a great way to reduce calories. However, it can cause you to be hungry throughout the day. Unplanned snacking at work or eating large meals at lunch can lead to calorie increases. High-protein and fiber breakfasts can help curb hunger throughout the day. Studies show that people who eat breakfast every day are more likely to be healthy.
3. You can lose track of your snacks. You have the snack bag at work, the small piece of cake at a party and the taste of your son’s ice cream cone. This mindless snacking can lead to a poor diet. To track calories if you are serious about counting calories, you might want to use your smartphone and a notebook.
4. Avoid snacking People who eat small meals and snacks daily are more likely to manage their hunger and lose weight. You can keep your metabolism high by snacking, especially if you eat protein-rich snacks. A few nuts can be a healthy snack, with research showing that people who snack on nuts are more likely to lose weight than those who do not.
5. Low-fat, low-fat foods can be a great way to improve your diet. Low-fat does not mean low-calorie. It’s not okay to eat second or third servings. You may consume more calories if you eat a lot of low-fat cakes than you would if you ate a smaller piece of regular cake. Checking the nutritional label is the best way to find out how many calories, fat, and sugar you are getting.
6. Drinking Too Many Calories This is a huge mistake, especially when you consider the fact that many fancy coffees and alcoholic drinks have over 500 calories. Even soda and fruit juice can quickly add up
7. This is the easiest mistake in diet. Water is vital for burning calories. Your metabolism will slow down if you don’t get enough water. Consider adding water to every meal or snack.
8. Avoiding Dairy Milk, Cheese, and Ice Cream. Many dieters consider it taboo to eat full-fat dairy products, but it may prove counterproductive. Research suggests that the body burns more fat if it has enough calcium, and makes more when it is deficient in calcium. Calcium supplements don’t seem to have the same benefits. Dairy may also have other advantages. Choose low-fat and nonfat dairy options.